You have several download options:
- Donate for the free and full-sized study plan. This includes the stem and station plans on one sheet of paper. The download is located on the canoe or kayak description page.
- Download the entire drawing package. This includes the full-sized study plan and each station and stem drawn separately on a PDF that prints full sized on ARCH D size paper. You can cut these out and glue them to plywood to cut full-sized forms.
If you build a boat from these drawings, please, send a picture. We will add it to this page.
These are drawings only, and they do not include building instructions. For that, you’ll need to turn elsewhere. These are our recommendations. These are listed in order from best to just books that are good to have.
Canoe Building Books
- Canoecraft: An Illustrated Guide to Fine Woodstrip Construction
- Building a Strip Canoe by Gil Gilpatrick
- Strip Built Canoe: How to build a beautiful, lightweight, cedar strip canoe
- Canoe Paddles: A Complete Guide to Making Your Own
Kayak Building Books
- The Strip-Built Sea Kayak: Three Rugged, Beautiful Boats You Can Build
- Kayakcraft: Fine Woodstrip Kayak Construction
- The New Kayak Shop: More Elegant Wooden Kayaks Anyone Can Build
General Books About Canoe and Kayak Building
Drawing Delivery Time
If the drawing has been drafted into individual nestings, i.e. previously purchased, you will be able to download the drawings immediately after purchase. You will receive an email with the download link. If you don’t receive the email, check your spam box. If it hasn’t been drafted yet, it will take two to three weeks before delivery of the PDF.
After paying, you have 3 days and 3 attempts to download the drawings. If you encounter problems, you will need to contact us.
Credit Card or PayPal
Note: If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can pay via credit card by clicking the “Don’t have a PayPal Account” tab during checkout. Download begins immediately after you pay.
We do not accept returns on electronic drawings.
Copyright notice: These drawings and files are copyrighted and may not be reproduced without permission. Permission is granted for an individual to use these drawings to build a boat for personal use, but any commercial use, including but not limited to building for commercial gain, including plans in a compilation, such as but not limited to free or paid compilations on a book, DVD, pdf, zip file or website, must be approved prior to the use and requires written permission.