Glen Smith has asked that his free kayak plans be removed. Instead, check out these great plans, which include ready-to-print station drawings.
- Siskiwit Bay Kayak Plans
- Siskwit Bay Builder Pictures
- The Iggy: 1959 Greenland Kayak Plans
- Goodnow Kayak Free Plans
- Siskiwit Bay Multi-chine Plans
- Aleutian Baidarka Kayak
- Free Cedar Canoe Plan: Modern Malecite St. John River Canoe
- Free Canoe Plan: 1898 Passamaquoddy Ocean Canoe
Old Resources and Plans
Recommended Books to Buy Before Building
- Building Strip-Planked Boats: The newest book by kayak building authority, Nick Schade. A must have.
- The Strip-Built Sea Kayak: Three Rugged, Beautiful Boats You Can Build: The gold standard of kayak building books. Clearly explains all the sets of boat building from tools to epoxy work. There are so many tricks and tips in this book that you’ll be able to save time.
- Kayakcraft: Fine Woodstrip Kayak Construction: Presents a slightly different way to build cedar strip kayaks. Lots of great ideas.
- The New Kayak Shop: More Elegant Wooden Kayaks Anyone Can Build: If stitch and glue is your thing, then this is the book to get.